At EOL IT Services, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is extremely high on our agenda and we consider the interests of society by taking responsibility for the impact of our activities on customers, suppliers, employees, shareholders, communities and other stakeholders, as well as the environment.
EOL IT Services has made a strong and on-going commitment to CSR and to ensure that its clients also meet the exacting standards that must be met in the responsible disposal of IT and general office electrical equipment and data erasure. To assist our clients EOL IT Services steer them through the relevant legislation, including WEEE (Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment) Directive, Data Protection Act, Hazardous Waste Act and other EU legislation.
EOL IT Services operates a zero landfill policy and our aim is to reuse 90% of all IT equipment collected, the remaining 10% goes to our waste management partners for further refinement. EOL understand the issues and responsibilities placed on us by the Landfill Regulations Act 2002, so we ensure that all our partners are processing our waste correctly. EOL use our internal audits and ISO 14001 Environmental Standard to maintain awareness and monitor any risks in the process.
Environment Agency On-Going Audit
EOL IT Services is one of the largest independent IT recyclers in the UK and we are regularly audited by the Environment Agency (EA) who monitors our systems and compliance.
Our high level of competence is so well considered by the EA that they have used EOL as a case study because of our positive environmental efforts and impact, the good work we carry out in the community and for the investment we put into training our staff.
The protection of our clients’ data and identification is paramount and we believe that it is of the utmost importance that our procedures and insurances reflect this.
EOL ensure that all existing data and forms of identification are fully erased from hard disks, storage media and hardware using documented, quality controlled processes that exceed the highest security standards, including Infosec 5 and International Defence Standards.
EOL IT Services use exacting, quality-controlled, fully documented procedures to ensure 100% erasure of your data and identification. Below is an example of our processes relating to data & identification erasure:
- An Infosec standard wipe of the hard drive is carried out using Blancco Software via the LAN connection
- When successful, a “Hard Drive Sanitised” label is attached to the item and a software generated certificate produced as confirmation of erasure. The Engineer enters their name and date within the Data Erasure field as part of our internal recording and audit process
- Once wiped, tested and asset recorded any complete PC units for re-sale are then passed to our Equipment Preparation Department where all signs of previous ownership are removed or disguised
- If the drive fails to wipe, it is removed from the PC Department and securely stored for destruction
- If this fails to remove the data, the entire hard drive is shredded or degaussed to the same Infosec standards as per client requirements
- All scrap drives are securely transported to our specialist metals recycling partner, using EOL transport and personnel, where they are ground down to their final powder state
EOL IT Services in the Community
EOL IT Services works with a number of local charities and educational facilities to provide IT equipment for needy causes. In particular we work in partnership with RevITalise, a local sheltered factory.
In addition, as part of our standard disposal agreement, EOL are happy to facilitate a donation of 10% of a client’s collection to a charitable or educational organisation of the client’s choice.
Client Staff Purchase Scheme
EOL IT Services are able to offer contracted clients a Staff Purchase Scheme. This allows their staff to purchase refurbished IT equipment at an attractive discount over and above our already competitive retail prices.
EOL IT Services and its staff
EOL IT Services firmly believes in promoting from within its own organisation wherever possible and, where required, putting in to place the necessary training to the benefit of all our staff.
EOL work closely with a local training company to enable our younger members of staff to work towards qualifications in IT, Warehousing, Business Administration and Customer Service.