Working responsibility to ensure minimum impact on the Environment
At EOL we have made a strong and on-going commitment to meet Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) criteria, and to ensure that our clients meet exacting standards of disposal and data erasure. We operate a zero landfill policy and our aim is to reuse 90% of all IT equipment collected; the remaining 10% goes to our waste management partners for further refinement.
We understand the issues and responsibilities placed on us by the Landfill Regulations Act 2002, so we ensure that all our partners are processing our waste correctly. We use our internal audits and ISO 14001 Environmental Standard to maintain awareness and monitor any risks in the process. Find out more about our Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our strong Environmental Policy, ensures compliance with all current environmental legislation. We work in partnership with staff and clients to help raise awareness of environmental issues and to make continuing improvements to our operations, always focusing on reducing our Carbon Footprint.
At EOL IT Services we demonstrate commitment and responsibility to both our clients and the environment, which is outlined in our Environmental Policy and includes:
- Our commitment to responsibly recycle and manage clients outgoing assets to ensure minimum impact on the environment
- Holding quarterly review meetings on all environmental legislation and regulations, aiming to minimise waste and maximise energy efficiency
- Working closely with waste management partners for responsible disposal of specific products that are beyond economical repair
- Taking into consideration the importance of efficient transport and the possible effect on the environment through pollution
- Working together with clients to improve awareness and reduce their own impact on the environment
- Regularly attending Industry Council for Electronic Equipment Recycling (ICER) Meetings to ensure we are kept up to date with any developments relating to pending legislation
As the UK’s most accredited ITAD, EOL remains focussed on enhancing our resources, capabilities and compliance in line with evolving clients’ needs and changing legislative requirements.
In a world post GDPR, IT Asset Disposal (ITAD) is of increasing importance to ensure that sensitive data, regarding both… Data is everywhere in the modern business world, and we rely on it every hour of the working day for… We live in an age of accelerating technological evolution, with the average speed of computers increasing, and data storage capacities…
IT Asset Disposal Best Practices
What is Data Destruction?
ITAD Trends: Growth Forecast Through to 2022
In a world post GDPR, IT Asset Disposal (ITAD) is of increasing importance to ensure that sensitive data, regarding both…
Data is everywhere in the modern business world, and we rely on it every hour of the working day for…
We live in an age of accelerating technological evolution, with the average speed of computers increasing, and data storage capacities…