Taking responsibility and ensuring compliance at all times

EOL IT Services has a strong Environmental Policy ensuring compliance with all environmental legislations.

We work in partnership with our staff and clients to help raise awareness of environmental issues and strive to make continuing improvements to our operations always focusing on reducing our Carbon Footprint.

EOL IT Services takes these matters very seriously and we are continually improving our processes to ensure conformity to legislation. Our ISO 14001 Environmental accreditation further highlights our commitment to correct and efficient environmental practice.

EOL are committed to responsibly recycle and manage clients outgoing assets to ensure minimum impact on the environment and work to continually improve these procedures

Environmental Protection Act 1990

EOL IT Services’ processing structure is reassuring to all who work with us. They have the knowledge and confidence that we are fully compliant with legislation and continue to be a trusted and responsible organisation. Our supplier audits run hand in hand with our own Quality Management Standard ISO 9001 accreditation and Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001.

Landfill Regulations Act 2002

The Landfill Act 2002 (England & Wales) was intended to reduce the hazards and danger of a growing reliance on landfill disposal. EOL IT Services understand the issues and responsibility placed on us by the Landfill Regulations Act 2002, so we ensure that all our partners are processing our waste correctly. EOL endeavours to operate a zero landfill policy wherever possible  and our aim is to reuse 90% of all IT equipment collected, the remaining 10% goes to our waste management partners for further refinement  . We use our internal audits and ISO 9001 & 14001 Standards to maintain awareness and monitor any risks in the processes.

Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive

Now implemented, the Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive will become part of our everyday lives. WEEE fundamentally changes the way we view our electronic waste, both at home and at work. More stringent levels of reporting will be required. The WEEE Directive will force us to become responsible for what happens to our electronic equipment from purchase to disposal. EOL IT Services’ Lifecycle Management Programme and improved reporting will enable customers to achieve full compliance.

RoHS

RoHS (Restriction/ Removal of Hazardous Substances) is a lesser piece of legislation. It is aimed at forcing manufacturers to stop using certain materials (e.g. Cadmium, Lead and Mercury) in the construction of their products. This has little or no impact on business or home use, as the legislation is not aimed at legacy equipment, just at the production of new.

As the UK’s most accredited ITAD, EOL remains focussed on enhancing our resources, capabilities and compliance in line with evolving clients’ needs and changing legislative requirements.

Our Latest News

5 Best Practices for Responsible ITAD.

5 Best Practices for Responsible ITAD.

5 Best Practices for Responsible ITAD.  The prospect of a data security breach has long been the 3am worry keeping most CISO’s awake at night. Whilst it is essential to protect company data at all costs following the introduction of EU and UK GDPR,...

read more
Responsible Disposal of Lithium-ion Batteries.

Responsible Disposal of Lithium-ion Batteries.

The technology manufacturer's battery of choice, the lithium-ion (or li-ion) is the most commonly used battery in the world. It powers everything from our smartphones and electric vehicles (EV’s) to renewable energy farms. It has revolutionised our...

read more
What Really Happens When You Hit Delete?

What Really Happens When You Hit Delete?

Our devices are an integral part of our everyday daily lives and as such, their use has become second nature. Every day we hit our computers delete button, sending it temporarily to the recycle bin, where it remains until we get around to...

read more

To arrange a demonstration then please complete the form below and we will be in touch to arrange a convenient appointment:

[cf7lead cf7_id=”595″ fields=”Company=company|Email=email|Phone=telephone|First Name=fname|Last Name=lname”]

Protect My Data:

Complete the form below and we will be in touch.

[cf7lead cf7_id=”3320″ fields=”Company=company|Email=email|Phone=telephone|First Name=fname|Last Name=lname”]

Request Information:

Complete the form below and we will be in touch.

[cf7lead cf7_id=”3378″ fields=”Company=company|Email=email|Phone=telephone|First Name=fname|Last Name=lname” title=”Request Information Form”]

    First Name

    Last Name

    Email

    Company