Whatever project you’re planning next, we can help!
Any project within the IT arena can be fraught with danger. Planning each and every step is paramount to reduce costly mistakes.
When EOL are involved, understanding the needs of the client and their ultimate goal ensures we provide the knowledge and experience required, to achieve project timescales and objectives.
Asset legacy/lifecycle will also be affected in these situations, when new is replacing old. Business continuity is essential.
EOL carry out project services using the PRINCE2 methodology (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments). This is a de facto process-based method for effective IT project management.
Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognised and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. EOL have achieved this standard and understand the importance that these disciplines force on all involved, ensuring a logical and consistent approach.
Key features of this method ensure that every project undertaken:
Focuses on business justification
Ensures there is a defined organisation structure for the project management team
Product-based planning approach
Emphasis on dividing the project into manageable and controllable stages
Flexibility that can be applied at a level appropriate to the project.
EOL IT Services formal recognition of responsibilities within a project, together with its focus on what a project is to deliver (the why, when and for whom) provides your organisation’s projects with:
- A common, consistent approach
- A controlled and organised start, middle and end
- Regular reviews of progress against plan
- Assurance that the project continues to have a business justification
Here are just a few examples of projects EOL have undertaken:
- European site decommissioning with transfer to London locations. Data wiping and transport management with multiple UK locations/multiple European locations. Small quantities of data bearing equipment – POINT TO POINT delivery.
- Data Centre’s de-racked and multiple cabinets removed and disposed of.
- Data Site’s totally removed and relocated
- European offices closed, utilising on–site data wiping for removal to London HQ with further distribution on to UK offices.
- Decommissioning from Ireland to Europe – 3 core centres redistributed.
All of EOL’s staff and Project Teams are employed directly by EOL (we do not employ contract/agency staff) and all are DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service) and screened to BS 7858 standards. We also operate an entire fleet of our own GPS tracked vehicles.
As the UK’s most accredited ITAD, EOL remains focussed on enhancing our resources, capabilities and compliance in line with evolving clients’ needs and changing legislative requirements.
Our Latest News
Untangling data protection policy, post-Brexit. The General Data Protection Regulation was the result of the biggest overhaul in European data protection legislation in 20 years. GDPR sought to standardise data privacy across all EU member states along with those...
71% of the world’s population is governed by e-waste legislation, yet the latest figures from the UN report that globally, only 17% of our electrical and electronic devices were recycled in 2019. At June’s G7 summit, world leaders were met by Mount Recyclemore. A vast...
Meeting the new challenges presented by the Internet of Things. It wasn’t so long ago that ‘personal data security’ meant shredding financial information and memorising your PIN. Fast-forward a decade and it has become necessary to share our sensitive data far and...